Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This is Greenpeace.

Yesterday night I went to a meeting with some Greenpeace volunteers from Turin. I'm not a volunteer yet, but I would like to, even though in this period I don't have plenty of time because of the exams. 
Anyway, it was interesting: the volunteers explained us how Greenpeace works, their methods, their campaigns, their core values. 
As I said in a previous post, I am an environmentalist, so I'm going to write more than one post on evnvironmental matters. 
Today, I'm going to tell you about Greenpeace in general (oh, I forgot to say that, even if I'm not a volunteer yet, I am a supporter of Greenpeace, which means that each month I donate a sum of money for their causes). 
Greenpeace was born in 1971 in the USA and its first aim was to stop nuclear experiments in an island that, today, is a protect area.
Since that year, Greenpeace has been fighting against the indiscriminate exploitation of our planet with a lot of different campaigns, that I'm going to talk about in the next posts.
I absolutely suggest you to watch the videos that you can find by clicking on these links: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVu9eawb1QY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70RhRIeJVw0
They summarize very well all the things that Greenpeace does to safeguard as much as possible the health of our planet. 

Direct and non-violent action, scientificity and independence. These are the core values of Greenpeace.


No comments:

Post a Comment